We’re currently looking for experienced and talented Merchandisers to join our busy and expanding Supply Chain team here at Findel Education. We’re the one-stop-shop for educational supplies, providing all of the products schools and nurseries need, delivered when they want them, at highly competitive prices.
Working closely with the Buying function you’ll play an active part in implementing our Merchandising strategy. Working with a wide range of brands, including some of the most recognised names in the industry, we ensure a unique offering, so that our customers can find everything they need from one trusted resource supplier.
Some of the responsibilities of these great opportunities include:
- Effectively manage budgets and service levels relating to sales and stock, ensuring the availability of product across your range.
- Work in partnership with the Buyer on forecasts for new products, monitoring new line performance, mitigating excess stock, contributing fully to range planning and selection, negotiating strategic buys and SKU rationalisation.
- Maintain & recommend improvements to MOQs & MOVs, ensuring any issues are kept to a minimum.
- Produce weekly/monthly trading reports and any other ad-hoc reports.
- Build strategic relationship with suppliers, meeting regularly to ensure service is maintained throughout the year.
- Implementation, control and monitoring of a critical path.
- Monitor forecasts v actual order quantities and suggest adjustments.
- Work in partnership with all relevant stakeholders to ensure peak period is fully planned and service levels are consistently high.
- Query resolution, relating to invoices, customers, warehouse & non-conformance.
We’re looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a similar, fast paced Merchandiser role.
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiation skills.
- Ability to analyse data and apply the latest forecasting techniques.
- Experience in sourcing and importing from the Far East is desirable.
- High level of understanding of forecasting & scheduling processes.
- Strong MS Office skills particularly Excel, able to use pivots & Vlookups
- Great communicator, confident in building strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Able to work as part of a team, as well as use own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines and manage conflicting priorities.
- Full clean driving licence required.
Competitive salary and benefits package including 25 days holiday per year plus an additional Birthday holiday, contributory pension scheme and staff discounts.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter, stating your current salary, to email@example.com